Tecnint HTE corporate culture is based on the complete sharing of the United Nations Global Compact’s (UNGC) document, for the respect of human rights and good working conditions.
All company activities are carried out in accordance with procedures for safety at work, to prevent accidents and illnesses of all employees.
Tecnint’s strong point are:
- Human relations between employees
- Mutual respect
- The dignity of working conditions
- The integration of different cultures, with an express condemnation of all forms of discrimination
With our customers we apply principles of honesty and moral integrity, the essential basis of every business relationship, in respect of privacy, confidentiality and mutual trust that every negotiation requires.
The same ethical principles shared by us, in addition to company quality standards, are naturally required of the suppliers with whom we operate.
Conflict Minerals Policy
Tecnint HTE sustains the fight against the violence, the violation of the human rights and the environmental degrade in the extraction and trade of some minerals (cassiterite, columbite-tantalite and wolframite from which gold, tin, tantalum and tungsten derive) coming from the African area of the Great Lakes defined as “Conflict Region”. This region includes the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the adjoining countries. The profits from the extraction and trade of these mineral finance armed groups and they contribute to the occurrence of inhuman treatments, like the traffic of human beings, the slavery, the forced labor and/or child labor, the torture and the war crimes in the “Conflict Region”.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) adopted final rules to implement reporting and disclosure requirements related to conflict minerals, as directed by the “Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Section 1502” of 2010. The rules require that the manufacturers communicate if their products contain “Conflict Minerals” that are “necessary for the functionality or the production” of those products.
Tecnint HTE makes a commitment to:
- don’t supply intentionally materials and components containing the 3TG metals coming from mines and smelters of the “Conflict Region” that are not certified as “Conflict Free”
- to assure the conformity to such requisite, to require to its own suppliers to undertake a suitable survey with their supply chains to assure that the 3TG metals are originate only from:mines and smelters out of the “Conflict Region” and mines and smelters certified as “Conflict Free” from an independent third body if located inside the “Conflict Region”
Tecnint HTE has obtained, or it is at the point to get, information from the suppliers about the origin of the minerals used in the manufacturing of components and products supplied by Tecnint HTE.
The objective is to guarantee that in the products and in the processes are used only materials and components “Conflict Free”.
In case of we have notice that an any material, part or component purchased by Tecnint HTE use minerals extracted or refined in structures NOT “Conflic Free” appropriate actions will be implemented for the purpose to make the product “Conflict Free.”